[REL]Realistic Platforms Mod: The Remake Version 1.7. (FOREVER DOOMED)

NOTE

This page is officially doomed to the abyss of the past. No development will be continued by myself personally. This is due to this mod being a test… a test to see if I enjoyed software development of some sort or mod making (Low and Behold Turns out I don’t). This was a somewhat successful project, I set out to expand and make GDT more like what I wanted…realistic with the bucket-load of real computers and consoles. I was glad that I created the first version of the mod, but I knew I could make it better so I kept on expanding it till 1.5 which by the time it was in its second rewrite only to realise it was broken and I had to completely redevelop it again. I was a few stepping stones forward till I just said this is futile and I already have gotten what I wanted… to see how enjoyable software development was (not very).

So thank you all who downloaded and used this broken mod, and to those who gave feedback and suggestions. I was even surprised for that one time I got the first page on the steam workshop…only for everyone to find out that this mod was broken… :frowning:

However, the mod itself isn’t dead…more to come.

Begin Original Page Text: some links may be broken

This is the Realistic Consoles Mod: The Remake, which is a remake of the Realistic Platforms mod released on this very same page. The idea is to reconstruct this mod with the same purpose, but this time doing it a slowed pace and adding new and revised systems.

For newcomers, this mods purpose is to add realistic computers and consoles based on real systems that were still in production during the 1980s and released after

Here is the list of what currently added systems are supposed to represent in real life as always names have been changed, in the mod.

• Atari 2600
  • Atari 5200
  • Atari 7800
  • Atari Lynx
  • Vectrex
  • Farichild Channel F
  • Intellivision
  • Sega SG-1000
  • TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
  • Game Boy Advance
  • Sega Saturn
  • Atari Jaguar
  • Z-X Spectrum
  • Amstrad CPC Line
  • Atari 400/800 Line
  • Commodore VIC-20
  • Apple II Line
  • Virtual Boy
  • Neo Geo Pocket Line
  • 3DS
  • Game.com
  • Bandai WonderSwan
  • PSP Vita
  • Microvision
  • TRS-80
  • MSX Line
  • ColecoVision
  • Action Max
  • Atari XEGS
  • Bally Astrocade
  • Neo-Geo AES
  • Neo-Geo CD
  • Neo-Geo MVS
  • Phillips CD-i
  • Casio PV-1000
  • Amstrad GX4000
  • Commodore CDTV
  • RDI Halcyon
  • Maganvox Odyssey 2

It ma look pretty lacking compared to the original but don’t worry more will be added. Please play on 35 years mode for as accurate dates as possible

Requirements:

Releases:

Remake Changelog:

Version 2.0 In development

Version 1.7 - The "Oh wow this was finished update"

Before I state the contents of this update… I am obviously still alive and due lack of time I’ve had for awhile I haven’t continued development on this mod. However I am back and hopefully I can finish this mod before a certain date where spare time will be valuable and scarce again.

Any the name of this update is derived from the fact I forgot this was finished.

This update contains the addition of:

• 7 new consoles the Neo-Geo AES, Neo-Geo CD, Phillips CD-i, Casio PV-1000, Amstrad GX4000, C64GS and the Magnavox Odyssey 2.

[Technically the Odyssey 2 and the CD-i aren’t solely consoles but they’re usually classified as consoles]

• 2 Computers, the Commodore CDTV and the RDI Halcyon.

[Again technically these aren’t solely computers but the fit the roles and features of a personal computer]

• 1 arcade system, Yes an arcade system the Neo-Geo MVS as it is cartridge based

Version 1.5- The Handheld update: Released

• Added 7 handheld platforms consisting of the: Virtual Boy, Neo Geo Pocket Line, 3DS, Game.com, Bandai WonderSwan, PSP Vita, Microvision.
  • Added 2 computers consisting of the TRS 80 and the MSX Line
  • Added 4 consoles consisting of the: ColecoVision, Action Max, Atari XEGS and Bally Astrocade.
  • Reworked a few minor issues.

Version 1.0 Initial Re-Release

• 15 systems added
  • Reworked, notifications and events
5 Likes

Added to official mod list;
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/official-mod-list/9140

1 Like

LOADS OF CONSOLES (or platforms)

And more to come version 2.0 adds around 15 or more consoles

For safety
I should stop hyping from now. I need to think about school

Version 2.0

• Adds 29 new consoles
  • Z-X Spectrum
  • Fixed Spelling Errors
  • Re-Tweaked some consoles
  • Fixed the Fairchild Channel F System II

As all always all names have been changed.

Enjoy! :wink:

Version 2.2

• Fixed most issues caused by the new UME update
  • Fixed more spelling errors
  • Fixed the CDTV
    And as an apology for not fixing the issues before here’s 2 new home computers
  • Amstrad CPC
  • Commodore 128

Enjoy! :wink:

Nice mod, but I have some issues:
The Atari 2600 gets 50% of the Market even after the release of the far more superior NES, and it keeps like that until forever.(I stopped playing during the Sega Genesis era), thereofore some consoles like the NES and the Master System get very unlikely market shares (5% or 2% sometimes)

You should re-schedule some consoles and their Market Share. Make the Atari 2600 flop with the release of the NES, for example.
If you have the patience and time you could make a full realistic mod for the GDT by adding events and topics as well…

@Gabriel_Vogel That is a great idea but keep in mind the game starts in 1980 and i believe all the GDT base platform have weird release dates according to their real life ones like the C64 its is at the start of the game (1980) its real life release was (1982), but i see what you mean i’ll try. Also i don’t really understand any computer code, hence why i made this using UME. But that’s another story.

So what i get from your post is you want me to make it true realism according to the game? And also adding some events and topic?

The mod looks like the best “platform number to quality” ratio.

@Gamingthrou Thanks what do you mean by “platform number to quality ratio”

Some mods have tons of platforms, but in a bad quality, like bad pictures. Some mods have amazing platforms quality, but with like only 2 or 4 platforms. Some mods have good in both, but small updates
To illustrate
Check out super console mod, not exactly good platform images
Check out my mod quas consoles, good image quality, but just 3 consoles
Check out my mod, portablewars, good platform image, but small updates (ATM it has 18, but it started with 10, and look how many updates)

@Gamingthrou Thanks also love your Quas Console mod

The game actually starts in 1983, right when Nintendo (or Ninvento) comes to save the industry from the Videogame Crash caused by Atari.
Just make it like this: Up until the TES arrival, the Atari tops the G64 and PC, but then the TES comes along and the Atari goes below with a very sh***y marketshare compared to its original marketshare.(from 55% to 1,6% for example)
Then a few months after the release of the TES you put an event saying:
"With the release of the TES, the ATARI 2600 is starting to lose its market. The far superior and advanced TES makes it a far better platfrom than the old ATARI 2600. Atari officials say that they are planning a new console"
Right after that the ATARI 2600 will be discontinued after a few months/years until the next ATARI console comes along.

Oh thank you for correcting me. I’ll attempt to do that event. But now i’ll create another version of the mod.

I have tried your mod and it seems that the newer consoles are released faster then these older ones. For example the the playstation gets released faster then MSXB and Atari. Is there a way you could fix it? Either overwrite the Sony Nintendo and the Pc? It would be Nice if you could set the Windows Pc operating systems Windows 1.0, Windows 95/98, Xp, Windows Vista, 7,8

@tahvo619 So do you want me to make my own NES, PS2, Gameboy etc? Because i don’t think i can edit the game’s code as in according to the mod agreement. And operating systems are a great idea but i think I’ve already spammed the market enough with console so if your fine me spamming the market with Windows 1.0,2.0,2.1,3.0 etc, It’ll be in. And for the game’s platforms yeah they have weird release dates, for example the GS(DS) gets released in 1995 if you are using 30 years setting.

PlayStation Go? Don’t you mean PSP Go?

Yes thanks for the correction

Version 3.1 Lite

• Events
  • Rewritten
  • Removed Sega CD, 32x, N64DD, Jaguar CD, Neo Geo X, TurboGraphix-CD, PPS Go
  • Added IQuePlayer, Atari 400, 800, ST and TT computers, Epoch Cassette Vision, Coleco Adam computer