Question about selected features

Hello there!
I have a simple question about the selected features on game development (i try to find my question on forum but i cant find it so im sorry if this topic existed before)
Is selected features bonded to game granes?
Like simple cutscenes more important to action games, Better A.I. is more important to RPG games, etc.

I will really thankful for your help

Also im sorry for my awful english i know i mustn’t slack off that class :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi @XANRER !

You’ll often find the two connected, for sure.

For instance, and without spoiling to much of the experience for you, think about other games you might enjoy. A casual title on a portable console/mobile device might have really cool gameplay features, but have simple graphics. In much the same way, a big AAA game might focus highly on graphics to make the most out of the platform it’s on.

My advice is to experiment as much as possible and always use the game reports after you launch a title - it usually gives you pretty handy insights.

Hope this helps!

Unfortunately the game reports can not help that much in that situation but sure experiment is the best way to find it

Thank you kind sir/miss

I’m glad to help, @XANRER .

If the game reports don’t help you much in that regard, just check back here if you need more help, I’m sure everyone will be able to lend you a hand. :slight_smile:

Hey @Mafalda. Are you new here in the Forums? Cuz I checked your profile and I saw that you joined last 3 weeks or something.
Anyways. Welcome to the forums! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for information
I just look up more carefully couple times (like 7-8 games) and i think selected features not makes that much difference.
I also look the stuff sequence if it makes any difference by using same sequence for consecutive games (if they dont have more than 100%) it also dont make any difference i believe. If my theory wrong please tell me.

Hi again!

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you - I just wanted to make sure I had accurate info.

So features do matter for your game rating, but you can’t include too many features or the time dedicated to developing them will be cut short, thus having the reverse effect on your game.

Specifically, if any value is below 100% it means the features won’t be as effective, which means you’d be spending money and resources without getting a proper return!

Please correct me if I’m mistaken, but does your last paragraph refer to developing the same games back-to-back? For example, two Medieval/RPG games? If so, that does matter as well. If you keep repeating the same genre/topic combo, especially using the same engine, you will get increasingly low scores.

For instance, my own strategy was to make something highly technical, like a Strategy game and then make a Casual game, and try to always go for new topics/combos whenever possible!

Does this help at all, @XANRER ? Am I rambling? Let me know!

P.S: Hello and thank you, @Uptown_Hoovy !

Wait what? engine cause the problem too?!
Thank you i ones the other ones before which is make me ask another question.
What if you use (for example) racing/simulation after that, super heroes/adventure after that, racing/simulation?
Does that cause problem too with one gap?

Also no problem time isn’t the important thing i just looking for the info.

Again thank you so much.

Indeed!

If you alternate genres/topics it should be fine.

I want to also give you an additional hint, though, this time about sequels: do make sure to use a newer engine that if you ever make a sequel to one of your games.

Imagine this: you develop a hit Adventure/Pirate game called Secret of the Gorilla Island with your recently created Stumm Engine. Now, even if you alternate with another game, when you decide to make Secret of the Gorilla Island 2 with the Stumm Engine, it won’t help with the ratings, because you haven’t brought anything new to the game.

I hope this helps!

Noted.

Thank you so much for your high interest and well knowledge this is probably all of my questions.

1 Like