Official Modding F.A.Q

I see.

You came late for modding party. This game is kinda dead for long time. Even forum don’t show too much interest (which you can see by comparing amount of topics related to game from this month, to unrelated ones). Right now not too much people play it.

This is an effect of the way the workshop copying was handled. (Not very good)

1 Like

Yea, it’s really disappointing that the dev’s decided to stop working on the game altogether. It had so much potential.

Umm, I didnt mention that.

One the home page of Greenheart Games it says that there will be no more updates… thus implying that they are not working on it.

Yes, but you brought it up pretty randomly :stuck_out_tongue: The reason the community is dead, is because many modders got pissed when Patrick said they were not going to do anything to make sure that mods were not copied on the worksohp.

1 Like

I would be pissed too.

1 Like

Let’s not blow things out of proportion. There is no widespread copying of mods. I understand that it’s frustrating to see someone else uploading a mod you created but

a) we remove these mods fairly quickly, once they are reported.
b) they are hardly any subscribers on them. The most I’ve seen was 5(!). Five compared of thousands using the actual mod.

It’s not like we maliciously refused to listen to our modders. There was simply no good reason, nor a good technical solution, to change the situation.

It would be silly to invest weeks of development work to prevent a handful of such uses, when instead we can moderate these mods fairly easily.

I don’t know how much we can take credit for the modding community. Both when it’s doing well and when it’s not so active. Personally, I think it’s normal that interest fluctuates and it’s not like no one is working on exciting mods. There are some great mods in the pipeline.

2 Likes

(Off topic)
If you are bored then follow plan B:
Make a new sim/strategy game, just like GDT!
Spice it up how GHG spiced up GDT. (do it when the hype is down)
If the community is bored, repeat!

Wait… They got on plan B a long time ago right?

Sorry if I blamed you, but I’m a little annoyed by it myself.

WTF. (Mac) 16 clicks just to access the mods folder starting from the view with all the hard drives. I find that extremely inconvenient. (Oh and mac apps are for some reason actually folders when read by windows at least.)

Ever heard of a shortcut? If you’re a Mac user.

Well… Why would I have it in favorites/favourites when you just need to access it occasionally? (Yes, shortcuts are something on the desktop and whatever) AAAAAND if you don’t have the hidden folders thing… yeah. you can’t see the folder (that is true on windows too). Yes, Shift-Command-G exists. Win-R too. but it’s not very simple.

Again… What’s wrong with a shortcut?

How can you use mods if you didn’t buy the game on steam, therefore don’t have “Steamapps”?

And I don’t have any GDT folder I simply have a program called GDT and when I click it it starts the game… How to install mods?

Hey. Welcome to the forums :cake:
If you are using the standard edition of the game you will need to install mods manually. There is a video guide on that here:

If you’re a Linux user

Sorry, just had to. I’ll just take the backdoor, don’t mind me.

1 Like