Official Mod Code Error Thread - For Mod Users

recently was playing, and started my first hardware research…and as I started to move the slider I got this error, and the more I moved it the worse it got, even to the point were parts of the game disappeared from the screen…
Here are 2 pics that show the error and what it did.

(new user so can’t upload directly)

Just got this error when I try to start a new game…

The exception occurred in file:///F:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1676

{
Error : { … },
GameVersion :  7,
GameId :  0.9447395787574351,
GameInfo : { … },
CompanyInfo : { … },
Environment : { … },
NPM : { … }

MY only options are to restart the game and or copy the error for reporting.

Which OS you are using: Windows 7
Which Version of Game Dev Tycoon you are running: Latest Steam version
Which Edition are you using: Steam
Have you used any mods:
savebackup, GDT-Expansion Pack, Game Dev Tycoon Modding API, SuperConsoles Mod, UltimateLib, gotta-get-dem-topics, Camelot expansion pack

i have this error i can play the game but half of the mods arent enabled in the game it says theyre enabled but i dont see them in my game
did i use to many mods maybe?
all these mods are through steam
using windiws 7 latest gdt update

1 Like

Alright. As far as I can confirm, It’s none of my mods. I have even seen people getting that error without using my mod and only have 5 mods enabled. how did you get that error?

i dont know but half of these mods dont even work in the game now like competitormod

these mods i have installed all trough workshop i have no mods in the normal mod folder installed

Tell me which mods are enabled and you can see their content

all these are enabled
i dont know which i can see cuz im not really far in the gaem

but
i can see now:
election time
finance book
dlc or somthing

i can certainly not see:
competitormod

1 Like

i got 4 errors sying that
these mods dont work
eyecandy
rcm main
pcm unknown
pcm simple

Can you see Expansion Pack?

how can i see if expansion pack is enabled
the game entirely crashed when i opened the game
am i using too many mods or arenet they supposed to work together?
@FireChaos

Mac 10.8.5
Game Dev Tycoon Ver 1.4.5
Standard Version
Mods: Ultimate LIB,Camelot Expansion Pack, Expansion Pack for Game Dev Tycoon, Game Dev Tycoon Upgrade Mod, Portable Wars, UltimateAchievements,CM Pack (Overhaul), and InfoStatsMod
Additional Note: This error occurred when I unlocked the R&D Lab.

Error Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘complete’ of undefined (file:///Users/davidly/Desktop/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/mods/UltimateLib/UltimateLib.js:1852) Please restart the game.

Enabled Mods: [“gdt-modAPI”,“UltimateLib”,“CAMELOT-EXP-PACK”,“1f4a2b2d-c640-414c-a097-9a5e7c446f8c”,“ExpPackMod”,“ef6a5f33-be85-4778-9660-cd7cd134f556”,“963d50e3-e45c-4867-bdab-88b57441ff1b”,“UltimateAchievements”]

Use Ultimate Lib 1.3.4 or use the steam version

I don’t have the steam version, and I just tried Ultimate Lib 1.3.4, and got my backup save. It didn’t work, still an error, it mentioned the compressed file in the error tho.

Wait nvm, I figured out the problem, when the error happens on that save file, its corrupted, meaning it won’t work anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

any ideas when will they release another update for UltimateLib in regards to the issue with the R&D Lab? 'coz I kind of can’t progress without it. @alphabit

They have left. Alphabit has left, Sir Camelot is gone. (With GHG)

right … they have been hired, but –

there might still be hope!

that was 4-5 months ago…

i keep getting TypeError: Object # has no method ‘add Platform’ TypeError: Object # has no method ‘getDataStore’ SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier SyntaxError: Unexpected token var with these mods
GreenHeart One by support@greenheartgames.com
UltimateLib by Francesco Abbattista and Chad Keating
NEVEREnding Platform Boost(English Version) by Vega27/Nik24
CompetitorMod by kristof1104 and DzjengisKhan
Expansion Pack Mod by DzjengisKhan
ConsolesTheEarlyYears by The_Spaniard
Better Error Handling by JARI.IO
how do i fix these errors!?

Ultimate Lib is broken for one