Game announcements

Why are there so many game announcements that most likely don’t have any potential and won’t make it out of even Alpha? If I browse the forum it seems that there are some game ideas most likely by kids.

Yeah… Crazy, right! Hah… ha…

hides pixel tower and tv tycoon

No offense but, what happened? Usually the poster has the idea, looks for programmers, stuff is promised, they never happen, then it’s forgotten.

Can I see that Pixel Tower Game by the way?

Sure

Let’s stay on topic though. Why.

Probably cause they underestimate how hard making a game is, and want to be the next big indie dev.

1 Like

To make a game you need: a programmer - a story writer(if there is a story) - concept planning - solid ideas - willpower - a graphics designer - testers - good planning - charismatic leader and a lot more

Cookie Tester? No?
It seems that most teams lack this. Why hasn’t nothing been done to prevent more threads like these pop up?

Because nobody gives a f**k.

Ladies, Gentlemen and me. I present you: 2015, where everyone is selfish.

Because most of this community is kids, let’s be honest.

I am honest, I am 15.

Was expectiong that… you wouldn’t play TF2 for like 1300 hours otherwise.

sandface

I accidentally wrote sandface instead of sadface, but i’ll keep that.

Because it’s way easier to talk about making a game, instead of actually making one :wink:

5 Likes

It’s proven in everyday life, so I agree. Easier to talk than act.

You don’t need a writer, at all.

1 Like

Can you read minds? I was actually going to say that XD Lol

But if we dont test the cookies… They will be filled with POISON!!!

1 Like

That’s why I’ll never announce my game when it isn’t even in playable state (basic elements as menu, save system, options, ??? creation, character creation are completed).
Only @Haxor knows any progress made, because he’s co-developer. He’s giving me ideas, writes story and helps translating game from Polish to English and vice versa.
I’m doing everything else such as: “programming” (because Construct 2), graphics, bug-fixing, testing etc. Music is going to be probably from Kevin MacLeod.

That’s 100% truth. Even with easy game makers such as Construct Classic/2, MMF, TGF, you can’t do professional, unbuggy game within 10 (or more) minutes.

1 Like

Definitely takes more than 10 minutes. But I find it kinda fun.