Development Questions - GDT.fire

Hello everyone,
I am johnwiliam I am new for this site and this is my first post here, hope all are doing well to sharing information here with others

1 Like

Trust me, I’ve read the wiki; however, I just can’t seem to get DataStore to work correctly. And it does need to be save-specific, so .settings is not what I need.

How exactly does GDT.fire work? I have read the wiki, but I don’t fully understand it. An example would be awesome.

I suppose you want a custom event?
The way the event system works is, you add a callback function to a ‘key’.(with the GDT.on function) after that everytime you fire that event the code will be run so to add a new event you just do something like this:

var MODGLOBALSCOPEVARIABLE = {};
    MODGLOBALSCOPEVARIABLE.eventKeys = {
            globalEvents: {
                testEvent1: 'modname.global.testEvent1',
                testEvent2: 'modname.global.testEvent2'
            },otherevents: {
                    testEvent3: 'modname.otherevents.testEvent3'
                }
    }

Then you add your listeners and methods:

var testFunc = function(item){
 // Do something
 alert("itemId : " + item.id);
};
GDT.on( MODGLOBALSCOPEVARIABLE.eventKeys.testEvent1,testFunc);

After that you need to trigger the event for example when clicking a button somewhere you use:

GDT.fire(MODGLOBALSCOPEVARIABLE.eventKeys.globalEvents.testEvent1, {objectId:test, othervars:'blabla' } );

note the object you pass is optional.(if the handler method doesn’t require the object.

Does that clear it up?

greetz

Ahhhh ok. Asked mostly out of curiosity, but It’s something I may use. As always, thanks dude!

Somehow I think your mod will be great. By looking at everything in this topic, and your Unfinished AI Internet project, I have come up with my own thoughts of what you are doing. I think this mod will be very fun. Carry on!

Really means a lot, dude! Community support is much appreciated in a time when the forum is quiet.

Hoping to show some screenshots when I have a sufficient build ready. :ok_hand: