Are we allowed to make a fixed version of UME&UL?

I like this guy

oh my christ

You’re back.

#I need to edit this cause i got flagged.

@awesomejuan36912 calm down…
I’d appreciate it @alphabit
These are the changes to the modding API, not sure how relevant it will be though

Edit: also dug out these posts which seem to point out issues, but again not sure how relevant

1 Like

Can someone do something with @awesomejuan36912 before we lose a chance to patch UME/UL? @Charlie

@alphabit, I’ve noticed crashes on saving as well as enabling and disabling mods. Patrick made a few good points:

fine i’ll edit it

@Rex0099 @chizbejoe

Thanks guys. That should give me the desired overview :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Would you ever make UME open source? So if you ever go inactive again someone could patch it if there is any found bugs.

1 Like

I can’t take it anymore.

why you gonna facepalm?

Because i’m tired of all this bullcrap.

I have to be honest here, I was taken by surprise when I saw there might be a chance for UME and UL to be updated back into a functional state. I was mildly annoyed to find that a mod I had actually spent months making with that tool had been rendered broken because its code was no longer able to work with the current version of GDT, but in hindsight I’m actually kind of grateful it broke for a while since that event (combined with the fact that I’m going to be taking introductory programming in the future anyhow) was what inspired me to rewrite the code manually (with the help of the community, which I’m still grateful for). Ultimately I ended up gaining basic knowledge in Javascript and more understanding of coding logic which I appreciate.

Now that I hear there might be a chance that UME and UL might be updated (read: fixed), I’m looking forward to it immensely. I know none of my recoding efforts were invalidated, and I’m hoping I can use a functional version of UME again to add a second part to my mod with even more content like hardware researches, achievements, and possibly contracts.

3 Likes

Sorry for necro but, @alphabit are we getting a patched version of UME&UL anytime soon?

Please, please please!

I hope that he isn’t replying to us because he is very busy on working on the patch for UME.

I don’t think that. I am not going to say he isn’t developing it; But if he doesn’t, I would do the same thing. I don’t need a fixed version, I would just wait for GHG’s next game.

I would definantly like an official mod tool for GHGs next game.

Same with me. :smiley:

Finally, some people that listen :wink:

Thx :slight_smile: