Announcement: Silk Mod Maker

you created a topic creator? amazing!

Did you play Life is Strange?

mmhm.

2 Likes

obviously, @Lukas_Schuurman is the backbone of off-topicness

watch out, @Lukas_Schuurman may smack you for being off topic!

hypocrisy, you say? i’ve never heard of such a thing!

is it b?
also, lets go on-topic

ok yes it was b very rude

soo yes on topic

I’m looking forward to this mod maker immensely, however I fear that it’d lower the barrier to entry and that it would open the floodgates for mediocre topic mods that don’t add much else to the game coughs TopicPlus coughs and then the modding scene would become even worse cause there’d just be a load of copycat mods.

if there weren’t small topic mods before, there wouldn’t be now.

There would in my opinion, as even though the topics are easy to make in js, the unfriendly nature of doing so is enough to deter a lot of people. Having a tool to do it for them is eliminating that one thing, and while that’s good for letting people make new things, it’ll also inevitably bring a lot of derivatives devoid of original ideas.

as long as there are no id conflicts…
…no problems, okay?

ok, just saying this could make or break the modding community for this game

Lets say it would make because UME got shredded and shredded

@CrumpDev i wouldn’t say make, but more like rejuvenate

Brain freeze how is it going on the mod maker

Also are you dead

probably not dead

unless

the skeleton army got em

1 Like

I’m sorry, but this is one of the most immature communities I’ve been involved with and I wont continue developing on this. The reason I wont distribute the source code isn’t because I’m mean, but the fact that there are severe issues with the code which will make any aspiring programmer learn inefficient code which is never a good thing.

Cheers.

1 Like

Huh, that’s a shame. Was looking forward to this, it seemed interesting.

I agree, it’s very easy to go off-topic for us. But i do hope you stick around for the next GHG game :wink:

1 Like

Yes I think this is a immature community and hopefully when game#2 comes it wont be that way

Game #2 will hopefully be a business simulator, business is for mature people.

2 Likes