[Workshop] What should be done to get rid of fake mods

I know there’s already a fake mods in workshop thread where duplicates are posted, but I have an Idea on how to remove them. Steam flagging isn’t really helpful, so it would be good as @Rex0099 said in a post in the old thread

i think a good idea would be to get more people to keep an eye / moderate the workshop

So, if the developers assigned some people to remove mods of the workshop, if possible. The issue is critical, since there is even copies of the modAPI. You never know which mods is going to be next.

1 Like

I appreciate when you flag/report those mods but this is not a critical issue and a response time of a day or two for us manually removing a mod should not be a problem.

What would work better though, is if players would simply use the flag feature of the Steam client. As soon as a good number of players flag such mods, they are hidden automatically. This sort of thing works well on this forum and it will work equally well on the workshop. There is simply little chance that any such mod will overtake the original mods or cause any wide-spread inconvenience.

3 Likes

That’s the problem. I’m afraid it breaks a player’s savegames more than it should, because some people install over 30 mods at once, and don’t know which are the original. Some mods state that they need the API, so people would search for that on the workshop, having no clue that the API is only coming with the game.

2 Likes

What should be done is that there should be a verification number on the workshop. Its something they have to set in the package file. If the verification number matches anything else in the workshop, then it wont upload. This wont be an extra obstacle and will probably clean up a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some people can just change a few digits if they search in the files of a mod.

1 Like

I meant for those lazy asses who just open their mods folder. None of these guys actually change anything.

1 Like

2 Likes