Save Game Editor

The cmd line just opens it and says, still produces no log.

log4j:ERROR Could not read configuration file [log4j.properties].
java.io.FileNotFoundException: log4j.properties (The system cannot find the file
specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurato
r.java:372)
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.
java:403)
at com.hewhowas.gdtedit.util.LogUtil.getLog(LogUtil.java:9)
at com.hewhowas.gdtedit.ui.GameSaveEditor.(GameSaveEditor.java:5
4)
log4j:ERROR Ignoring configuration file [log4j.properties].
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.hewhowas.gdtedit.ui.GameS
aveEditor).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more in
fo.

d-h.st is having major issues and has been for the last few hours. Any chance of getting a mirror setup to the new version?

I uhā€¦Hmph. Iā€™m an idiot. Iā€™ve updated the OP with a new version thatā€™s a zip file that actually contains the log configuration file now. Logs for all, hooray.

Added a mediafire mirror :smile:

Sent you a email with my log

Everyone who sent me log files in regards to this error, thank you. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve fixed it, download the new version linked in the OP to test.

New Version. Changes:

• Fixed bug where Player becomes a regular staff member after save.
  • Fixed bug where Fan count would be set to value of the Cash text box.
  • Repackaged as zip that now includes logfile properties. Please extract before using.

Regards,

HeWhoWas.

Edit - New version uploaded.

Staff management is back, so it looks like you picked up the big error despite everything else conspiring against you. Great job!

In addition, I can also add now itā€™s no longer resetting games in progress when I use the editor.

YES, best program to cheat with ever made :smiley:

Alrighty guys, now that Iā€™ve ironed out most of the bugs (If not, please report them) Iā€™m going to start adding some functionality. Unlocking of various items such as topics and what not is first on the agenda, I think.

If anyone who has a game save that is very far into the game, please let me know. Email, PM, BugTracker - you choose. The save file doesnā€™t contain the information until itā€™s been bought and unlocked, and having some information without having to play through the game myself will speed the process up.

Thanks!

HeWhoWas.

Ok, now finding I canā€™t seem to edit once in the second office, it apparently breaks the save files. Thankfully I started backing up before any attempts. After editing the game refuses to load, locking up on the load bar. Longest I let it sit was 20 minutes while working on something else with it still locked up when I got back.

Logs:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwZd-wZySBwaVi1XWmx3QnhqOVE/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwZd-wZySBwaQTNiMXUtWlR2Qm8/edit?usp=sharing

Iā€™m out for the day guys. Last version for now. Changes:

• Experimental support for unlocking Engine Parts and topics.
  • Makes a backup of the current database each time you save. No limit at the moment. Just rename this to file__0.localstorage to restore a backup. Or copy it to be extra-cautious.

Download updated in OP. Note that mediafire link will never change.

Edit - It should go without saying, but Iā€™ve had some error reports reach me with this problem, but always close the game while youā€™re editing the save file. The game locks the database and youā€™ll get an error when you try to write.

Regards,

HeWhowas.

Getting a version mismatch message when I load the database. Running 1.3.8, is the current build setup to do 1.3.9?

Im sorry but I dont get how to use this editorā€¦

Before you start, be sure to exit Game Dev Tycoon. You canā€™t edit the save files if itā€™s open.

First, you need to have Java installed. Itā€™s free to download and install. Then download from either link in the original post, extract the 2 files from the zip to anywhere you like (I suggest just dropping them in the Game Dev Tycoon directory), and double click GDTEdit to open the editor.

Once itā€™s open, hit File and Open Default Database. Your save in question should be in one of the 3 slots, use the drop down menu near the top right of the app to move between save slots. Find the one you want to change.

When you have the save you want to edit, just do it. Keep in mind adding too much money at once is known to cause errors when you load the game, Iā€™d suggest 5 million or so and youā€™ll be fine.

When you finish with your changes, donā€™t forget to hit the File menu again and click Save.

Close the editor app and load Game Dev Tycoon. Donā€™t forget to Load the Saved Game once youā€™re in the game in order to see the changes you made.

I only see

GDTEdit.jar and log4j.propertiesā€¦
i dont get how to open the fileā€¦ the box comes up asking what program to open it with

I have java installed on my computer

ok, nevermindā€¦ I updated my java from java7 update 7 to update 21ā€¦ now it works

When I open the save game, it says that the editor is not compatibleā€¦ after editing the files, no changes where made when I load up my gameā€¦

1 Like

I get the same message that my files are incompatable

yea,same here. What does that mean?

Question, what does bugfixing delta, efficency, and relax delta do?