[REL] YT Friendly Music Mod 0.0.1

So I see the sound files and I’m fairly confident I could “create” a youtube friendly sound mod that would be able to get around the Content ID issues that people are having.

I don’t know if people are still being flagged because of it but if they are, this mod could help out with that.
If people still are, does anyone want this?

UPDATE: In The Works:

Even though I don’t see a lot of people asking for this, I’m gonna attempt the mod anyways.
I have 2 tracks so far and I believe I need 1 or 2 more. I will have to test them in-game to see if they’re too noisy and repetitive.
As of right now, there will NOT be a sound-file for the opening splash screen. I will simply just put in a blank audio file to replace the one that currently exists.

UPDATE #2: Beta Release

I’ve found the songs to be used with the mod and put them in replacement of the original sound files.
This is a beta because none of the songs have been edited from their original length which means it’s the full song for each section.
So for those who want to grab it now, here ya go!

Beta Download Here

Installation Guide:
No fancy youtube video but it’s very very simple:

1. Go to your C: Drive and to “Program Files”.
    2a. For Steam users, go to the folder “Steam”, “SteamApps” “Common” and finally, "Game Dev Tycoon"
    2b. For Non-Steam Window users, simply locate “Game Dev Tycoon”.
  2. Open the “audio” folder.
  3. If you wish to keep the original sound files, copy and paste the folder “ogg” to your desktop or wherever you may wish.
  4. Un-Zip the ogg.zip that you downloaded to your documents or downloads folder.
  5. Drag the now unzipped “ogg” folder into the “audio folder”.
  6. If you still have the original folder there, you will be asked to overwrite, in which case, select “Yes to all”
  7. Close everything up and enjoy!

To Do List:

1. Shorten length of certain songs.
  2. Mute the splash screen music.
  3. Raise Volume for songs.

Other:
For anyone looking into the file to see the new songs, well you won’t find them per-say… In order for the game to recognize the song files, they have to be named exactly what the original song file was.
the files that have been changed are:
startup.ogg
the-winning-strategy.ogg
new-adventure.ogg
doing-my-best.ogg
getting-to-success.ogg
fly-like-a-butterfly.ogg
miss-management.ogg
GameDevTycoonTitle.ogg (not changed in the beta)
Sources:
http://freemusicarchive.org/genre/Drum_amp_Bass/?sort=track_date_published&d=1&page=1&per_page=25

5 Likes

This is a good idea :clap:

3 Likes

lol.
I wouldn’t mind doing this, I’ve done it before with another game and it really isn’t all that difficult… I just wonder if anyone wants it.

1 Like

i think it would be cool, i would definitely make GDT videos on YT without audio better

1 Like

Yeah the audio does get a little repetitive after a while.
But for anyone who wants music or is just doing a short review/videos, at least they’ll have some background music that won’t/shouldn’t get the BS Copyright Strke.

2 Likes

@MrRain i think you should make a sound mod, as much as i like the gdt soundtrack

2 Likes

Project is currently in the works.
Details in the first post.

1 Like

You should change [ITW] to [WIP]. It confused me at first and people here know [WIP] better. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well it got ya to look didn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s for sure. :wink:

1 Like

YouTube Friendly Sound Mod is now out in beta!
See original post for more details.

Just for curiosity:

Does your mod simply “replace” the original .ogg music files with new ones?

2 Likes

Yes it does i think

1 Like

Yes sir.
It’s explained in the “Other” portion of the post.

Ah, ok. Ty.

1 Like

Well again, not much desire for this mod. Not sure if I’ll actually do the small bit of tweaking needed to get everything running 100%…

At least I got to find some neat music.

Use the new Sound API!

This post if 5 months old, the Sound API wasn’t here at that time. You necro’d!

I know :slight_smile: I want him to continue his project.

1 Like

Me aswell! @MrRain