[REL] Chat Mod for Game Dev Tycoon

Hey guys, we have released the new version! Now the chat panel can be dragged and dropped everywhere on the screen!

Thx to @MrRain for the suggestion of this feature!

Enjoy!

1 Like

Nice!
Iā€™m having some issues though with activating the mod.
I extracted the .zip and dropped the folder into the mods folder but it doesnā€™t show up in the mods list in game and I have restarted the game a few times already.

Remember to not extract directly the first folder in the zip (the folder named gdtchatmod-master) but the one inside it (named ChatMod).

Let me know if that fixs your issue

As 1 falls, 2 more ariseā€¦

It may just be too many mods at once which I will check now but even when dragging the chat box out of the corner, my console ticker and Hardware Budget disappears.

EDIT:
Also, ā€œError unable to communicate to the WebSocket Serverā€

Should work now :smile:

2 Likes

@Zeratul chat just frozeā€¦ Anything you mightā€™ve updated or just server lagg?

I have to beg your pardon (and everybody else too), we are working on the new version of the ChatMod and you may experience some server difficulties. It should improve in the next couple of hours. If you still experiencing problems, tell me at once and Iā€™ll work out a solution :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Everybody!

The new release of ChatMod (v 0.3) is now available for download!

Added in this new release:

• Will now handle MOTD, Join/Part and online users counter
  • Fixed: double initialization on ā€œNew Gameā€

Iā€™ve updated the main post with new features.

Enjoy!

1 Like

work like a charm :slight_smile: GG

1 Like

Does it connect to twitch?

Iā€™ve had your mod installed and functional for a few days now. The chatbox tells me that your servers are down and Iā€™m unable to connect to the chat? Not sure if thatā€™s the case or if something else is going on.

Is the server down? It doesnā€™t appear to work with me on the chat server. I installed it right and Iā€™m using the newest link. Is it the mod or is it my game?