[WIP]Jack's Adventure [RPG]

Main Storyline
Jack’s village have been destroyed and he now seeks a new place to live. He therefor goes out in the forest to seek new lives, but he don’t know what kind of people and creatures that are waiting for him. Is everyone enemies or do some actually want to help him?

Features
Side Quests
Story Quests
Fishing
Open world
Fight
Level up
And much more!

Time Spent in RPG Maker VX Ace: 166 hours

Update time

I will try to update the game as much as possible and post updates here! :slight_smile:
I want to update the game atleast 1 time a week

Changelog

+Added
-Removed
~Fixed/Changed

Current Version

**Demo Version 3 (06/08/14)** In this update I added **10**, fixed **3** and removed **1** stuff!

+Added so that when you die you will not get game over screen, but you will just start again where you died, with no health
+Added New character looks (Main Character and Natalie) thanks to @apljee
+Added a new battle engine
+Added a few more people (not a lot but also more people will be added eventually)
+Added one person with a side quest. Located in grocery store in Bridgeworth
+Added a new area (Bridgeworth North)
+Added Scorpions walking around in Dense forrest pond.
+Added New talk “bubble” design
+Added Names when talking
+Added Startup instructions
~Fixed where you could go ontop of the lamps
~Fixed where you could go ontop of the closet
~Fixed invisible tile
-Removed the clock, due to being extremely buggy

Earlier Versions

**Demo Version 2 (30/07/14)** **~Changed** arrow keys to WASD instead of arrow keys.. Menues still uses arrow keys **+Added** sprint option. By pressing **SHIFT** you can sprint **~Fixed** some spelling mistakes **~Fixed** bug where you would go and talk to "Bryant" with the party member and "Bryant" would get stuck. **~Changed** the controls of the HUD and clock appearance. Instead of **D** use **CTRL** and instead of **SHIFT** for the clock use **ALT**
**Thanks to everyone who helped** @KizzaGaming - Tester @Haxor - Tester @tmch - Tester @LineLiar - Tester @Jediwolf - Tester @Pulibara - Tester @iSenzo - Tester @apljee - Sprites, scripts and testing
4 Likes

I chose to make a new thread about this to clean it out. There is comments that have nothing to do with this game.

Update #1 (19/06/2014)

I have created what the start will sort of look like when you start a new game!

[Click here if video does not work][1]

This is ofcourse not the only thing that will be there. In next update I will make the “intro” longer.

Mistakes noted in this update

1 Like

Update #2 (23-06-2014)

So I have finished some stuff on the title screen… here is it :frowning:

And here is the game over screen

The game over screen might get some changes in the future not sure if I want to keep it like that :slight_smile:

I have the feeling alot of the art is inside RPG maker itself, and that this is built upon a example project given by it…

It looks like normal RPG made in RPGMaker.
I hope it will be free?

Many of the tilesets are from the maker itself and DLC’s. You can infact make it yourself but I ain’t that kind of artist :slight_smile:

Yes it can be hard for a newbeginner to this program to make it look like something outstanding :slight_smile:

I’d do my best to make it look different from other RPG maker games (which I hardly believe it will be able to) by changing the looks of the in-game menu and UI etc.

And yes the game will be completely free hehe! :slight_smile:

Work list

Here is a scene that I am working on

Update #3 (23/06/2014)

Just a quick update

The use of this is shown in the picture.

How to toggle on/off
Use the “D” key to toggle on and off

Update #4 (26/06/2014)

In this update I am showing you different saving option

In the video above you’ll see how to save if you are in a village/city/town etc. where you can rent a room where you save for 10 gold.

This is the way you save in the game in towns/villages/cities which makes perfect sense

when inns are made the lady will ofcourse NOT stand randomly outside but in a inn.

Sometimes you will see signs like in the picture above where it means you make a small camp yourself and you sleep. This does not happen in towns/cities/villages but mainly in camps, forrests, farms and caves (and so on). In some cases after talking with certain people in “missions” it will ask if you want to save (this is only one time asking so if you said no you need to find a sign or inn).

NOTE: when saved on INN or SIGN be careful when you continue to play since when you load your save it will OBVIOUSLY go back to where you saved. Just a heads up!

I have then decided to remove the save option from the menu

Translators

When I release the test version to testers I’d like make it in different languages aswell.
So if you are good at translating you can contact me and I will contact you back some time when I need you.

NOTE: this is participation, you will not get any money from doing this
But I will put you in the “Thanks to…” credit list for helping me

Contacting you:
I can make the Polish translation.
What tools do I need?

What format will you be using? I recommend YML.

@Haxor I recommend notepad++
Wouldn’t be weird if you already have that.

@Stian I don’t think RPG maker games does not exactly support multiple languages so what I am doing is to make another game and change all texts by that :slight_smile:
Then I will make a list in this thread that looks something like this

Main Download: Download link here (ENGLISH)

Other Languages

Download ~~ version
Download ~~ version
Download ~~ version
Download ~~ version

I don’t expect having too many languages

So… You will just write down all the texts, then send them to … someone (ME) and then this someone (ME) will edit them?
And yes I ofcourse have Notepad PlusPlus

Yes pretty much

I write down ALL the text I use in-game in the notepad and I will send it to you, you translate it and send it back

and if i need to update it I will add them to the notepad without removing your translated text

I might use github probably easier I believe instead of keep giving out download links

@Haxor is it okay if you start friday? (Friday the fourth)
It will atleast be ready with most of the texts and maybe each second week or something I will give you an updated version. Sound good?

Yep. I think so.

2 Likes

I can help translating it into spanish! @JackBank