GamersGoMakers vs Game Dev Tycoon

Played a bit of the latest version of GGM. Seems pointless. It still has the same feel the demo did. Lots of features, but almost all of them are completely meaningless. The mechanics of the things that do have meaning are very clumsy. Most of it just not making any sense.

I don’t think so. I think the mechanics are pretty solid and you can definitely see and understand how things work.

What I do think is missing is “the hook” of the game. Immersion. Newspaper articles, special events etc. are all missing. That and sound effects.

It’s funny that when making game dev tycoon/simulation in Game Dev Tycoon one of the most important things there is sound. And it should be.

I enjoyed GGM more then DGT to be honest, but the brutal ‘bankrupt’ is a little bit to much don’t you think? At least let me finish the game so the money will flow in again, because I spend money in the game and then they won’t publish it… And it’s just over.

It is a lot harder to get money in this game so that is nice, but there should be something like I said above or maybe you can go to the bank for money. I though that wasn’t in the game right?

Pls dont necro @Daan this is very old so please dont wake other users up like me :unamused:

Or lets just revived this topic cause i am the OWNER! xD

I have GameGoMakers, and I think it is both more historically and techinally accurate compared to Game Dev Tycoon. Heck, GameGoMakers is 2addicting4me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

more like 2addicting2play