Game Dev Tycoon from the Mac Game Store - No Steam key for this version? :(

Hi Guys,

I just bought Game Dev Tycoon from the Mac Game Store. I’ve read the thread on the forum. Is my understanding correct that I DON’T get a Steam key because I purchased it from the Mac Game Store? :frowning:

Thanks in advance for the info!

— keeping my fingers crossed that I get a Steam Key :slight_smile:

I hope you do. @PatrickKlug or @DanielKlug can help with this. Cheers!

1 Like

If this is what they call the App Store, probably not.

Yeah but why not?

How do you think Greenheart Games are supposed to get the money for this guy’s Steam license? They dont get all the money from the sale.

2 Likes

Well, if you want a steam key and you just got the game. Couldn’t you have just bought it on steam in the first place??

1 Like

I believe that you should be able to claim a Steam key. I will check and get back to you.

2 Likes

I didn’t get it from Apple’s app store :slight_smile: It’s really called the “Mac Game Store” (http://www.macgamestore.com/)

Thanks @PatrickKlug :slight_smile:

Could have, but didn’t. But I did see that they mentioned Steam keys so I thought it would be nice to be able to access the game from there (and take advantage of Steam’s features together w/ the game).

@BGENV4 there appeared to be a small hickup on their part. You should be able to claim a steam key. They are working on a fix. Please contact their support if this issue still persists.

Thanks! Should I expect them to contact me? Or should I go ahead and email them already? :slight_smile:

@PatrickKlug, they sent the key to me already. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Enjoy the Steam version! Hope you find better mods there.