Game Dev Tycoon 1.3.13 is rolling out

It don’t really matter, because it’s probably 1 out of 1000000 chance for it to happen. You should focus on more features instead of one out of a billion people that experience crashes and corrupted saves. But thanks anyway!

BTW, I found out why! I think it was my fault, because I was messing around with the storage file! Sorry…

is the game updating by it self? or do i need to download the new version?

Download the new version.

Thanks for letting us know. That kind of error report is scary and we just wanted to make sure that this does not occur because of a newly introduced issue.

@Erik_Teske Please follow the link as stated in the topic above. You will need to re-download the game using your purchase email. We are working on a better solution for this.

I still have this error though.

Uncaught TypeError : Cannot read property ‘genre’ of null
(file:///C:/Users/ASUSPC~1/Appdata/Local/Temp/nw4976 13603)

What is this?

I see you’ve contacted support as well and in the last message you say it was resolved in this version? Is this accurate. To make things more efficient please only report bugs to one channel, preferably to support@greenheartgames.com - thanks.

It WAS fixed by the update, but somehow it magicaly appears again!

I would suggest a clean reinstall;

1. Uninstalling Game Dev Tycoon.
  2. Delete any and all files pertaining to Game Dev Tycoon.
  3. Reboot your computer
  4. Re-download Game Dev Tycoon from the Fast Spring Email
  5. Install the downloaded file
  6. Reboot your PC
  7. Run the game, play for a couple of hours and let us know if the problem persists.

Hi, just bought the game and when I went to make my 9th game I get Alert, Uncaught error. I Try closing and reopening the game and going to my save all I get is the same thing :frowning:

@rjalynski For faster support please contact me at support@greenheartgames.com.

I will need to know the exact error message, it will be something like
"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property “blah” of null"

Also your OS and please double check your game version, its listed on the main menu which you can access by pressing escape on most OS or right clicking if its the App Store version.

Linux versions of 1.3.13 are also available now.

If anyone experiences a bug where you have to double press/tap the arrow keys to move, it is because of a memory leak of some kind. So don’t worry. Hopefully, thats fixed before the Steam release.

I don’t know… Rebooting my PC? Will that delete my PC data?

Reboot is an old outdated term us old folk like to use that means restart :green_heart:

My parents said that it would delete all my PC data… -.-
Okay. I will try that.

My anti virus software from avast keeps telling me there is a virus while installing and stops the instalation

@Kevin_Buchanan unfortunately a false positive (incorrect alarm) from avast, more info here:

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/game-dev-tycoon-and-avast-not-getting-along/6121