Free Ideas For Game Dev Tycoon 1.5.0

1. The history of Game Dev Tycoon isn’t really accurate… You forgot Atari, Mattel (Yes they did have consoles) etc.
  2. WEBSITES!!!
  3. Add a feature like Kickstarter.
  4. More console designs.
  5. Competing with other Game companies! (Like who will be bankrupt first etc.)
  6. More events. Like Fires, terrorist attack etc.
  7. Free 2 Plays!
  8. Viruses , Malware and Trojan horses (Computer Version)
  9. MAKE THESE IDEAS POSSIBLE!!!

I concur. These are great suggestions.
Also I believe the competitors mod does exist, haven’t tried it out myself yet though.

Y’know you COULD just use the mods… scramming ALL the console companies into a code is hard.

Geez calm down mate.

1. MODZ
  2. There is coming update in Camelot`s exp pack which would add some grid options.

3 There is Kickstarter, as KickIT :3 But It maked only a console, so… I dont think You meant that.
5 Competitor Mod
6. MODZ
9. I think they are

x

[quote=“Haxor, post:4, topic:9941”]
There is Kickstarter

What i mean’t was that you could use the crowd funding so you could make a free game.

Yeah,I know.

Maybe 3GS and 2GS?

3GS and 2GS is used by a mod. It is in @DzjengisKhan’s expansion pack.

Hold on a second, terrorist attacks? Also, I don’t like those ideas, because they add far too much luck into the game.

Subgenres:
for Action as Example: Jump´n´Run, Shooter or Beat´n´up
for RPG like Dungon Crawler, Hack & Slay or JRPG
for Simulation like Wi´Sim, Sportsim, Managersim, Flightsim, Trainsim.
for Strategy liek RTS, Roundbased Strategy, Squadbased Strategy, 4X Strategy Globastrategy

IsoEngine as missing Link between 2D and 3D
Earlyer Begin with Sinclair Spectrum, Atari 2600, Schneider CPC
Missing Plattforms like Amiga 500 + 1200, C128, Dreamcast

Selfpublishing via Plattform like Steam

possibility to sell Games as Low Price 2nd Edition
possibility to sell Colletions of Best offs (as Example a Collection of the best RPG´s from the last 5 Years)
possibillity to sell a Enginelicence to other Gamecompanys.

Other Game Companys to compete

Merchandising and the posibility to create Gameheros like Mario, Sonic or so
Gamingnames growth to Brands like Tomb Raider or GTA

More Designstages when you make a Big or a AAA Game. Instead of 3 it take 4 or 5
therefor you can Split up some Steps like Gameplay in more detailed steps

As Example Ki splits up in OpponentKI,NPCKI Pathfinding, CompanionKI and the option for a CheatingKI :wink:
or Worlddesign splits up in Gameworld, Enemys, NPC´s
or Sound splits up in Backgroundmusic and Gamesounds Spoken Dialoges
Story/Quest ca split up in Mainstory, Mainquests, Sidequests or Archivments
Gameplay ca split up in Groundmechanics, Bossfights, Controls
Engine Splits up in Grafik, Scripts, Editors
Grafik splits up in Textures, UI , Animations

Researchoptions like Physiks, Weathersystem, Realtimesystem, Direct X, Open GL, Shaders 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 for more Gameoptions :smiley:

possibility to hire Codeslaves for youre Coworkers to Simulate Big Gamecompanys and the Design and programming of Big and AAA Titels. The Coworkers Mutate in later Gamestages to forman and they can hire Codeslves simular to there specialization /skills. That give you the Oportunity to simulate Big Companys without more Micromanagement.

Coworkertraining and specilaziation for Soft- and Hardwareresearcher.

More Ideas cooking in my Mind :slight_smile:

Good ideas!

And don’t forget for action platform shooters.

Free ideas? Haha! They cost money! >: )

okay ist me again with a whole bunch of new Ideas to make GameDevTycoon more cooler.

First of all the Idea with the Hero system growths bigger in my mind.

please give us the Option to create a Mainchar/Gameuniverse like we can create a Gameengine. Gameworlds are significant for Gamedesign. A Ultima without Britannia or a Elderscrolls without Tamril are a no Go.

I would love when we can build a Gameworld or more than one and use the World for one, two or more Games in different Genres.

At the Beginning a Gameworld is 2 D has a Few textbases NPC´s a few Items and low enemys. Later you can Research 3 D World NPC´s with Jobs/life many Items with own Animations, Backgroundstorys, Gameworldhistory Deep Charactercreation, Enemys with Background/Heros or Random Enemeys and more cool features for bigger Games. Big Games or AAA Games need a more detailed World den small or medium Games.
Same Concept we can use for Hero Creation. at the Beginning a Hero has a few Pixel and a ondimensional nature. Later you can upgrade the Char with Emotions, Backgroundstory, Archenemeys, Friends for own Games in a Francise deeper characterbuildig ect. that would be amazing and make the Gamedesign a little bit realistic.

Than the Brand Concept. once upon a Time in a Gameseries there is a Titel that is so successfully that makes a Series to a Brand. As Example we can take GTA 3 for the GTA Series or Doom for ID Software. When this is happens all following Titels generates a big Amount of Hype but must be big or AAA Titels. And when a Sequel Flops the can kill the whole Brand like EA do this with SimCity.

Than i think we need a Licence system. Not only for Engines to sell or Buy when i design a Football simulation or any other Sportsim i want the Option for Original Names. Let us bye this as Example for the Biggest Countrys, for all Contrys or a Masterlicence that grants me that ißm the only Owner of the License like EA :wink:

Also i miss a Option to sell a Gameidea to Hollywood to make a Movie to make the Game more successfully. Or not when the Movie flops ^^

And last but not least the Subgenre idea needs the option to invent new Subgenres like Dune 2 do it with RTS or hype a subgenre like Diablo do this with Hack & Slay or Doom do this with Egoshooter. That means let us start with a few possibilitys like the Topicsystem and we can research new Subgenres to make better Games. :smiley:

I hope you like my Ideas and the one or the other make´s his Way to the Game or the Sequel :slight_smile: And at last sorry when my english is bad ist not my native :slight_smile:

That is already in the game as Dreamvast :wink:

But other than that, awesome ideas, especially the gameworld and the brand concepts :smiley:

I hope all these amazing ideas go into GDT or GDT 2: Revenge of the Lice :smiley:

((That’s not actually the name of it, or it could be ;P))

They cost for them but not for us. And @legions5678 was thinking about free ideas. So GG is not personal.

What the… xD

2 Ideas

1. Idea; What if game features also had a ± feature like graphic, sound etc have. Like if you say are making a City simulator, a feature like virtual economy would perhaps have a ++ sign and give a higher bonus than normal.

2. Idea; How about some competition?
    From what I been able to read online (which of course might be wrong) you are only competing against yourself. As far as I understood it, the dumbed down way to describe the game review system is, the game review system compares a hidden value “GameScore” (more or less how good/advance the game is) to your previous high score and the difference between your current games gamescore and your highscore is what determens your review score ( how well it is recieved). I think it would be very interesting if we had a couple of competing companies which also produced games and the hidden high score value used by the review system became the average value of all the companies (including your) gamescore highscores. This would also make it possible to generate difficulty levels, aka how good game developers your competing against (how high their gamescore highscore is). I personly think this would have greatly have enhanced the realisme of the game.

1. I Didn’t Think of that
  2. I said that already

Sorry if you felt like I riped you off with idea number 2. My idea concerning adding competition with other Game companies was very spesific and your idea did not necesserly cover it. I suggested to use Competition as a “cover” to change how the game review system works by changing the input variable in the current review system code, meaning that the modder would not have to directly change or understand the original review system code, only it’s input variabel. This would of course mean that your competition could basicly be a number generator created by the modder and not nesseserly a very interactive game developer company. In addition this change schould make the review system able to differentiate between a game with 50 in gamescore and one with 5000000000 with respect to time, since the number generator code would most likely have time as an input variable. So if you manage to create a game like say Skyrim or Battlefield 4 in the year 2000 the review system will notice that this games gamescore is very high for it’s time period, due to it comparing high scores from different sources where the non-player high scores are time dependent. This means that one finally could potentially get ahead of the curve :smiley: Also this way off implementing competition would make it fairly easy to extend the idea with different difficulty levels, as the number generator code could potentially have an input variable for difficulty level.