[BETA] SaveBackup [1.0.3]

[size=20]If you upload this mod anywhere else, please link to this post.[/size]

[size=30]Backup and restore your saves easily![/size]

This package adds a “backup” and a “restore” button on the load and save menus, to easily allow you to preserve your old saves or recover from corrupted savegames. I originally made this mod for myself when I was testing mods, but I decided to release it for everyone else and see if it gets any interest.

I strongly recommend you to create a backup before enabling any mods (including my mods :P)

[size=20]Installation[/size]
  1. Download the zip file and extract the “savebackup” folder in the Game Dev Tycoon mods folder. (default location is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Dev Tycoon\mods” for most Steam users)
  2. Open Game Dev Tycoon
  3. Instead of clicking to load the game, press Escape and click “Mods”
  4. Enable the mod by clicking on it
  5. Restart the game

[size=20]WARNING:[/size] Be careful when backing up/restoring, there is a reason I put a [BETA] tag in the title! This mod seems to work for most people, but some have reported that it causes problems!

[size=30]Download SaveBackup[/size]

[size=20]Images[/size]

[size=20]Changelog[/size]

• Added Spanish translation by @MrLaAnguila
  • Updated localization method

• Updated localization method, now compatible with GDTMP client 0.4.2

• Backups are now saved in a “backup” subdirectory of the mod folder, should work on all operating systems
  • Added Swedish translation
  • Minor layout changes

1.0.0 (initial release)

• Basic backup/restore function
10 Likes

@Darkly your doing some really nice mods :smiley: keep it up

3 Likes

This is awesome Darkly! :smiley: Thank you X33

1 Like

Finally i will no longer lost my saves!

1 Like

Added to official mod list :smile:
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/official-mod-list/9140

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey!

Not sure how to remedy this problem, but SaveBackup isn’t working for me. It’s backing up my save data successfully (I think), but when I go to the “Load” window, select one of the saves from the dropdown list of dates, and then confirm that I want to restore it, nothing happens. The currently existing save data is still there instead.

1 Like

Can you go to

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Game Dev Tycoon Save Backups

(paste that in the Windows explorer address bar and press enter)

and confirm there aren’t any files that don’t end with .savebackup there?

2 Likes

There are six files with that extension there. I gather this means they’re being backed up but not restored?

1 Like

Yes. And there are no files without the .savebackup extension in the folder?

Also, are you trying to backup/restore through the load dialog or the save dialog, and what exactly happens when you click the restore button? This is what is supposed to happen:

• A small dialog pops up and asks the player if they really want to restore the saves
  • The player clicks yes to proceed (or no to cancel)
  • The data is restored, and the load/save dialog quickly reloads (you will see it flash)

Edit: If the dialog doesn’t flash, try manuallly closing and reopening the load dialog.

3 Likes

• Backups are now saved in a “backup” subdirectory of the mod folder, should work on all operating systems
  • Added Swedish translation
  • Minor layout changes
4 Likes

• Updated localization method, now compatible with GDTMP client 0.4.2
5 Likes

• Added Spanish translation by @MrLaAnguila
  • Updated localization method
5 Likes

You create very nice mods! Really! you are good in this of mods! ^^

6 Likes

Don’t work for me :confused:
I lost my savegame of 20 Years :confused:
I have an error when I restore my savegame :confused:

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of the error? If you don’t use UltimateLib, download and enable the better error handling mod before grabbing the picture.

4 Likes

When I enabled it It didn’t crash now : (it’s a French uploading image, i can’t upload here yet)
Error Message

1 Like

Error woth better error handling mod :
The small log is :
Error : {
Message : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘name’ of null,
URL : file:///D:/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon%20FR/compressed/codeNw.js,
Line : 85
And the big :

{“Error”:{“Message”:“Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘name’ of null”,“URL”:“file:///D:/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon%20FR/compressed/codeNw.js”,“Line”:85},“GameVersion”:7,“GameId”:0.8803607285954058,“GameInfo”:{“Idle”:false,“CurrentFeature”:null,“PlannedFeatures”:null,“GameTime”:0,“GUID”:“85ea7860-c2a8-44e3-9d6a-91c18a4c6145”,“systemPause”:false},“Environment”:{“ALLUSERSPROFILE”:“C:\ProgramData”,“APPDATA”:“C:\Users\Clément\AppData\Roaming”,“asl.log”:“Destination=file”,“CHROME_ALLOCATOR”:“TCMALLOC”,“CommonProgramFiles”:“C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files”,“CommonProgramFiles(x86)”:“C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files”,“CommonProgramW6432”:“C:\Program Files\Common Files”,“COMPUTERNAME”:“PC-CLEMENT”,“ComSpec”:“C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe”,“FP_NO_HOST_CHECK”:“NO”,“HOMEDRIVE”:“C:”,“HOMEPATH”:"\Users\Clément",“LOCALAPPDATA”:“C:\Users\Clément\AppData\Local”,“LOGONSERVER”:"\\MicrosoftAccount",“NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS”:“6”,“OS”:“Windows_NT”,“Path”:“C:\Program Files (x86)\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Perforce;C:\Program Files\Perforce\Server”,“PATHEXT”:".COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC",“PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE”:“x86”,“PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432”:“AMD64”,“PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER”:“AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0, AuthenticAMD”,“PROCESSOR_LEVEL”:“21”,“PROCESSOR_REVISION”:“0200”,“ProgramData”:“C:\ProgramData”,“ProgramFiles”:“C:\Program Files (x86)”,“ProgramFiles(x86)”:“C:\Program Files (x86)”,“ProgramW6432”:“C:\Program Files”,“PSModulePath”:“C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\”,“PUBLIC”:“C:\Users\Public”,“SESSIONNAME”:“Console”,“SystemDrive”:“C:”,“SystemRoot”:“C:\Windows”,“TEMP”:“C:\Users\CLMENT~1\AppData\Local\Temp”,“TMP”:“C:\Users\CLMENT~1\AppData\Local\Temp”,“USERDOMAIN”:“PC-CLEMENT”,“USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE”:“PC-CLEMENT”,“USERNAME”:“Clément”,“USERPROFILE”:“C:\Users\Clément”,“windir”:“C:\Windows”},“NPM”:{“Versions”:{“http_parser”:“1.0”,“node”:“0.10.12”,“v8”:“3.18.5.2”,“ares”:“1.9.0-DEV”,“uv”:“0.10.11”,“zlib”:“1.2.5”,“modules”:“11”,“openssl”:“1.0.1e”,“node-webkit”:“0.6.3”},“Features”:{“debug”:false,“uv”:true,“ipv6”:true,“tls_npn”:true,“tls_sni”:true,“tls”:true}}}

I must delete the folder in Local Appdata for play to the Game (with new savegame)

1 Like

Okay… inside the mod folder (“savebackup”), there is a folder called “backups”. Can you give me a list or screenshot of the files inside it?

3 Likes

Yes Backups

2 Likes